- This event has passed.
UK Mountain Safety Course
May 30 @ 9:00 am - May 31 @ 4:00 pm£145.00
Two-Day mountain skills and safety courses held in North Wales
£145.00 per person
This is our 2-day UK Mountain Safety course that requires no previous experience – but includes the same content that we deliver to our military, emergency service and business clients on our partner site OutdoorProfessional.co.uk
The aim of this course is to give participants the skills and confidence to head into the mountains of the UK and make good decisions to plan for a great trip to the hills – but also be prepared for what to do if things go wrong.
The course is delivered in a realistic environment and you will be learning with experienced instructors.
The full course content is detailed below, and covers the basics of dealing with potential hazards in the British mountains and the decisions you need to make in a survival situation. The UK Mountain Safety course is not a navigation training course, but does cover some aspects of mountain navigation.
If you are looking for a UK-specific navigation course then please take a look at our range of navigation training courses HERE.
The course starts at 9:00am on each and normally run through until about 4:00pm on each day.
Why should you choose Original Outdoors for a survival course?
Survival skills are a subject that are often misrepresented – and the term ‘survival course’ gets used to advertise everything from kids activity days to what is essentially just camping without showers…
Original Outdoors runs survival courses for clients of all types, from military and emergency services to companies and private groups . The dates listed here are for the limited number of public courses we run every year as part of the structured training of the EST Framework.
The Level One Mountain Survival course is the first rung on a progression of structured survival training courses that are not just an activity day on the edge of some parkland – these are real courses, run by experienced instructors from a variety of backgrounds. This is the same course as we deliver to clients from around the UK and overseas.
- Basic mountain navigation techniques (note – this is not a navigation course, please see our navigation courses HERE)
- Movement over steep ground
- Basic scrambling (no rock climbing or hard scrambling)
- Weather essentials and making appropriate decisions
- Water filtration and purification
- Equipment choice, layering and footwear
- Prevention, recognition and treatment of hypothermia and other environmental hazards
- Route planning and emergency routes
- Common medical emergencies
- Signalling for help and preparing for rescue
- Emergency techniques and decision making
- May 30 @ 9:00 am
- May 31 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- EST Framework Courses, Mountain Courses, Navigation Courses, Survival Courses
- Event Tags:
- courses, est framework, hillwalking, mountaincraft, mountains, navigation, north east wales, north wales, snowdonia, wales
- Original Outdoors