Bushcraft Basics Course
March 15 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£65.00
One-day basic bushcraft and campcraft course in North East Wales
The interest in bushcraft and wilderness skills such as firecraft and shelter building is growing year upon year – this course is designed to give people a taste of the skills used, as well as a different way of spending time outdoors and connecting with the landscape.
The course takes place on a private 90-acre site near the market town of Ruthin and focuses on the core skills of bushcraft – Firecraft, Shelters and Food and Water. You will be learning alongside one of our experienced instructors in the woods and fields of this hidden corner of North Wales. By the end of the day you will have built a simple but robust shelter, learnt how to light a fire without matches or a lighter as well as a host of other outdoor skills.
This course requires no previous experience or for you to supply any specialist equipment. The only equipment you need to bring is good, solid footwear such as walking boots and suitable outdoor clothing, plus a lunch. We will supply all other required equipment for the day.
Please see below for full course content.
The course runs from 10:00am to approximately 4-5:00pm.
- Firelighting tuition using a variety of bushcraft methods
- Building simple woodland shelters from natural materials
- Cooking over an open fire and making pot hangers
- Some examples of wild foods and other foraged items
- Using a bushcraft knife, saw, axe and other sharp implements safely
- Field sharpening techniques
- Identification of useful plants
- Bushcraft equipment choice