The Woodcrafter Course from Original Outdoors
The Woodcrafter Course is a two-day bushcraft and wilderness skills course from North Wales training and activity provider Original Outdoors.
The course is designed to provide participants with the skills needed to safely and responsibly light fires, build shelters and spend longer periods in woodland locations. Although the skills demonstrated and taught are primarily for northern and temperate forests the techniques and philosophy of survival can be applied to other environments.
The course includes tuition, demonstration and coaching in the following areas:
- Choice, use and care for a knife, axes and saws
- Cooking pots, pot hanging and improvised cooking methods
- Clothing and footwear for the outdoors
- Rucksacks and other load-carrying equipment
- Firelighting and fire safety
- Shelters – emergency, planned and improvised
- Basic campcraft and camp organisation
- Cordage – natural, synthetic and lashing
- Finding safe water
- Camp hygiene and toileting
- Basic tracking
- Essential first aid
- Perseverance and the importance of determination in survival
- Planning and situational awareness
We currently offer this course in two locations – North Wales and Dorset. The course runs from 9:00am on Day 1 until approximately 3:30-4:00pm on Day 2. All food and drink from the beginning of the course until the end is provided, and participants sleep onsite in shelters that are built on Day 1.
Click here for The Woodcrafter Course