Foraging and Wild Food Course
One-Day Foraging and Wild Food courses held in North Wales
£65.00 per person
Original Outdoors runs foraging courses and wild food walks throughout the spring, summer and autumn. Each course follows a walk through fields, woodlands and along tracks, with a syllabus built around what is available in that season.
This course attracts clients from around the U.K. who are looking for an authentic foraging course, with instruction by professional foragers who are out looking for edible plants every week as part of their work with award-winning food businesses.
Our one-day foraging and wild food course takes place near the small rural town of Ruthin in Denbighshire, North Wales, and show what is available in various areas of fields, woodland and hedgerows.
We offer courses in Spring, Summer and Autumn to take advantage of the changing seasons and the varieties of foods and plants available at different times of year.
Most foraging courses consist of a short walk with an instructor just pointing out interesting plants. A day with Original Outdoors is different – almost straightaway you’ll be tasting foodstuffs and discovering new flavours. You’ll be shown how to prepare what you gather, and we can almost guarantee that you’ll able to find the same foods near your home when you get back!
The courses start at 10:00am and normally run through until about 3:00pm.
- An overview of the laws regarding access and what you can and cannot pick/gather
- Examples of the main types of edible wild plants and fungi you can gather at different times of year, and where you are likely to find them
- What is available is at that time of year
- Preparation of the items you have gathered (and the consumption of!)
- Fungi identification and safety
- Recipe ideas and tips on cooking with wild food