Coastal Foraging Walk
Short beach foraging courses held in North Wales
£35.00 per person
Original Outdoors runs coastal and beach foraging walks throughout the year. Each course follows a walk through woodlands down to a beach where we will explore the best edible plants, seaweeds and shellfish that the are has to offer.
The walks are roughly two hours in length, meeting at the beautiful seaside village of Borth y Gest (near Porthmadog) and are led by an experienced and professional forager. No previous experience is required other than being willing to explore beaches, rockpools and the inlets of this stunning part of the North Wales coast.
The walks are timed to coincide with low tide, and the start times are listed next to the dates above.
- Identification and use of the plants to be found in that area at that time of year
- How to access and gather wild food legally and ethically
- How to use guidebooks properly
- The laws of foraging and gathering wild plants
- Gathering protein – fish, shellfish and other sources
- Basic overview of fishing
- Staying safe when coastal foraging